Barneys Girl wants. . the Ixus i zoom

Arek Thursday, October 13, 2005
After having been through it all with my trusty Canon Ixus II digital camera for the last 4 years, the pictures are getting blurry and the coloring is getting darker. I think its time I moved onto another more advanced digital image recording device.
I've been on the look out for the while now. And at some point, I'd considered the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9. Its nice small and stylish looking. It has 5 megapixels. It has anti-shock. It has leica lense. And it has a mega big screen! It really is quite ideal. But I hesistated. . because I had a friend with the FX1 and we didn't have very good picture taking experience there. Although arguably it has evolved 9 times now. Any problems should be fixed by now!

Ultimately though, I think I just couldn't convince myself to buy a Panasonic when I've been a devoted Canon camera fan for so long (talk about brand loyalty!). And recently, they launched THE camera for me-the Ixus 55. It has 5 megapixels. It has a bigger screen. AND it looks exactly like my Ixus II! I know they already had a Ixus one with 5 megapixels out before, the Ixus 50, but that one had this weird outer rim metal layer that rusts off most unbecomingly. This one is much improved!

Just when I was about to make up my mind and buy the Ixus 55, they HAD to come out and launch the perfect Ixus i collection camera-Ixus i zoom! Before, the only problem with the completely adorable Ixus i collection was that it didn't have the optical zoom. But now it has a 2.4X one, so its perfect! The problem now is what color to get. It comes in 4 colors, but I've already narrowed it down to the purple . .

. . or the black. To be honest, I'm not very fond of these two colors either. The purple is just. . too purple. And not very versatile at all. And the black. . its just not very cute or feminine at all. Maybe I should wait for the next generation of ixus i to come out with a better color. . or go back to the Ixus 55?

Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment