New York Fall / Winter 2006 Wrapup I

Arek Tuesday, February 7, 2006
OK first of all, thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I had a fabulous time in Cambridge -my friends and I had dinner at a Spanish restaurant and partied at the student club. The six of us managed to fit into my friend's dorm room, and we ended up talking about religion and environment at 4am! Must have been the intellectual environment at Cambridge!

Anyways, I've been a bit behind with Fashion Week. I've looked through most of the photos, and must say I'm so far disappointed. Many of the collections were unflattering, or of murky colors and unappealing fabrics -totally uninspiring.

Badgley Mischka
This is one collection I can honestly say I like so far. The cuttings and shapes are beautiful. And the dresses are just gorgeous. It seemed like the collection was an extension to last FW's Russian trend, so I'm not sure if this collection was fashion-foward at all, but at least it was pretty to look at.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Diane von Furstenberg
I really liked last season's collection, but this collection was just blah. I mean, I love the theme of Working Girl, but the clothes reminded me more of starting secretaries of the fifties, from the days when it was just ok for women to work. And is it just me or do the models all look sort of weird, like not as pretty as they usually look in other shows?

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Marc Jacobs
On first glance, the collection is seriously unflattering and just ugly. But give it another chance, and you'll find yourself starting to get into the atmsphere. The color palette continues to be neautral, but darker, murky neautrals. Lots of the clothes had the fabric gather into a knot or just seemingly tucked together. Another top trend is the checker patterns -can't say I'm very enthusiastic about this pattern but will wait to see Europe's take on it before I make up my mind. Sometimes it's the way Jacobs layers the garments that make the show interesting.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Oscar de la Renta
Beautiful darling! I can totally picture the rich people of New York walking around in this collection. The daywear looks expensive (which it is of course) and practical. The evening gowns are gorgeous as usual.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment