3rd Annual CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Prize

Arek Monday, November 20, 2006
I admit I have watched most of Season 2 and 3 of Project Runway. But unlike majority of the viewers, I'm definately not a fan of the show. Also, I had only ever watched 10 minutes of America's Next Top Model before, and I surprisingly hated it.

To me, fashion-related reality shows are great entertainment, but don't do much to contribute to the fashion world. Awhile ago, I read an article that had Anna Wintour say something I really agreed on. It was something along the lines that, Project Runway actually approached Vogue before Elle, but Vogue felt that the reality show wouldn't do much for new designers. Instead, Vogue and the CFDA have an annual fashion fund prize to help outstanding new designers. Now this is actually useful.

So this year's ten finalists are 3.1 Phillip Lim, Costello Tagliapietra, Devi Kroell, Doo.Ri, Jovovich-Hawk, Marchesa, Rag & Bone, Rodarte, Subversive Jewelry, and Thakoon. I'm sure you've heard of most of these names before.
At the Prize ceremony /party:


Anna Wintour and Diane von Furstenburg, who recently became the chairwoman of the CFDA.

Left: Ashley, Marc Jacobs and Mary Kate. Right: Michelle Williams and Derek Lam.

Past winners of this award, Proenza Schouler. -See what I mean, you've actually heard of them in a high-fashion capacity.

Two nominees: Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig of Marchesa (left). Who hasn't heard of Marchesa? Marchesa dresses are absolute favourites of young Hollywood stars at the moment.
Milla Jovovich and Carmen Hawk of Jovovich-Hawk (right). Jovovich-Hawk had really pretty boho-ish clothes in its SS07 collection. And do check out the website -lovely styling.


Runner ups: Thakoon (left). Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte (right).

*Drum roll* And the winner is...

Doo-Ri Chung! I was surprised Philip Lim, whose clothes are so loved by the social crowds, didn't get into the Top 3. Anyways, here are my 3 fav looks from Doo-Ri SS07 collection:

So young and pretty...
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment