Light Packing

Arek Saturday, March 25, 2006
So I just came back from an absolutely fantabulous Spring Break in the UK and am currently unpacking all my stuff in my new pad. Man do I have a lot of stuff-10 boxes, 3 suitcases + miscellaneous stuff like the microwave. I definitely do not live lightly. Even when I travel. I had a heck of a time packing going to London, everything seemed essential. Travel blanket, high heels, pointy ankle boots, flats, loafers, sneakers, blazer, 2 pairs of jeans, dress, jackets, tops, sweaters, bags. . . and this doesn't even include my very extensive toiletry essentials. This basically summed up to one big suitcase barely under the weight limit of 50KG. But I DID try. I even took out my laptop!

So yes, not very successful. However I did manage to pack lightly on my short overnight trips to Oxford and Nottingham. I managed to fit it all into my little Prada travel bag. This bag has been a great investment. I use it all the time for travelling, because I can pack it up to the max and be confident that it won't break on me.


It consisted of: pajamas, party top, toothbrush, eye cream, face cream, concealer pen, contacts case, contact solution, eye liner (for the instant night time look), shades, water, paperback, glasses and my party bag. It was still mega heavy and all, but at least it all fit. Although it does make me wonder, what does everyone else pack for an overnight stay? Why does everyone else's bags always look so much smaller and lighter than mine?
Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment