Pretty Woman

Arek Thursday, March 23, 2006
This holiday has been a lot about doing things I've always meant to do but have never gotten around to doing. And one of these things is watching, Pretty Woman.

Its hard to believe that I've never seen this classic before, being the chick flick junky that I am. I'd go to the cinema to watch any old chick flick from Mean Girls to obscure ones like the Wedding Date. Its so obscure that I had to go search for it before I remembered the title of it at all.

Anyway, I LOVE Pretty Woman. It had all the elements of a good chick flick. It had the rich man meets poor girl (who in this case is a whore) plot. It had the makeover part, which was so awesome that the 90's fashion didn't even look that outdated. Then of course it had the happy ending with him conquering his worst fear (of heights) and declaring his eternal love for her. And to think that this is the original, not just another cliche copy of all the chick flicks in the last decade.

I also really enjoyed seeing the Beverly Wiltshire in the early 90's. I stayed there on holiday last summer and the lobby looks nothing like that and there were way more tourists. Although the old glamour was still clearly evidence, along with the old elevator with the seats in it, where Julia Roberts sat when first shown to Richard Gere's penthouse suite. And I must admit, Richard Gere DOES look quite handsome and charming in the movie. Unlike in say. . Autumn in New York where he just looked old.

The perfect classic to watch on a girls night in.

Blogger Template by BlogTusts Sticky Widget by Kang Is Published by GBT.

No comments:

Post a Comment